Wednesday 23 May 2012

My First Posting-Happiness Part 1

I created this blog a year ago but had never taken any initiative to start writing any articles or posting.I had too many excuses not to write, I don't know what to write and how to write etc etc etc.
I finally took the first step to start writting when one of my friends advised me not to bother so much about what to write as long as it is something which I feel comfortable to write about or something which I feel I would like to share with others.A good blogger is not necessary a professional writer and as long as people understand what we write,any grammar and vocabulary mistakes should not be a concern.
With his encouragement,my 'journey' into the blogging world begins and I am happy that finally I have fulfilled something that I had wanted to do for a long time.Since I am an avid fan of motivational and inspirational books, I will start my first posting on the topic about HAPPINESS.


 Human beings can design tall buildings,build bridges, rockets and can even send people to the moon.Doctors and Scientists have even discovered breakthrough in medical researches and created new vaccines that can cure onced uncurable diseases.And yet, most people don't know how to become happy even though happiness is nothing technical like rocket sciences and happiness is just a state of mind.How ironic ! Maybe, we are living in a stressful world where we are often bombarded by the media with scary messages about energy, economy,pollution,murders,nuclear war,doomsday and etc.We feel disturbed, concerned and anxious and that affected our behaviour and outlook for the future.
When we have negative thoughts, our mind will be having mental pictures of the things that we do not want.This will haunt us day and night if we do not know how to manage these thoughts.
There are certain things in life which we have no control of, so why waste time worrying about those things that will  make us feel miserable? Infact a lot of things that we worry about in life may never even going to happen at all.
Life of course is not always bed of roses.We do experienced some disturbing thoughts at times also, like fear of losing a job or someone close, fear of business failure,worry about examinations, worry about not enough money etc etc etc.In situation like this, we have to accept what it is and face it squarely.Acceptance does not mean just remaining as what and where we are.Acceptance means realising that we must take actions to move to a higher level instead of complaining and blaming others.Instead of worrying about the darkness, we might as well light a candle.To turn things around, we must first 'make peace' with the situation, come out with action plans and strategies and have faith in ourselves to overcome the challenges in life.Hold your head high, face the problems or challenges and say " I will bigger than you.You cannot defeat me".Easier said than done right? hahaha.
If we still think life has been unfair to us, just watch the video clip below and see how this person instead of blaming and complaining about his handicap, he chose to "accept" his situation and do something to move to a higher level.
I will continue Part 2 in my next posting.Before I end ,here is a quote from Andrew Matthews

THE HAPPIEST PERSON DON'T BOTHER WHETHER LIFE IS FAIR.THEY JUST CONCENTRATE ON WHAT THEY HAVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment